Community Meeting #13
Regular community meeting of Vaasa Hacklab Wednesday 04.01.2017 1930 @ Hacklab
community meeting, first Wednesday of each month, at around 1930, after eating.
Upcoming interesting event
12.1. klo 17, Vaasa Webdev meetup @ Morgan Digital, https://www.meetup.com/vaasawebdev/
12.1. Comics workshop @ Sweet Vaasa, info+registration https://www.facebook.com/events/722124397956736/
13.1. - 14.1. Disobey.fi/Hacklab.fi stand @ Helsinki, https://disobey.fi/
20.1. - 22.1. Finnish/Global Game Jam @ Muova, https://www.facebook.com/events/602577456604835/, http://globalgamejam.org/
24.1. C2 Advertising “#Snöörit” videoshoot @ hacklab
27.-29.1. Hackerspace Summit Finland (HSF) @ Tampere, info+registration http://tampere.hacklab.fi/pages/hsf16/
leimasintyylinen? kopioid… otetaan mallia fabriken_vasklot (instagram):sta
halutaan sellainen tästä, että muut haluaa mukaan
Status of wood workshop?
- vaasanverstas.fi domain has been reserved.
- Charlotta has a few idea 's, drafts for the logo. Discussion to continue in the telegram / IRC
- More promotion needed for wood workshop. Printed material to be Considered.
- Multipage webpage system to be checked.
Courses (what to organize)
Lists of previous courses to website. List of course reports etc.
A separate page for courses?
Word Press event registration system to be taken into use Instead of TITO? (Mikeful)
Course interest system?
Feedback / Survey System - happy or not, the type of feedback?
List courses for the fall season
25.10. Silver (Charlotta)
1.11. Woodwork safety (Anders)
3.11. Homemade shampoo / toothpaste (Ngoc)
8.11. Basics of artificial intelligence / “Witness a computer magic trick” (mikeful)
15.11. Jewellery (Maarit)
22.11. Laser cut & engrave seasons greetings (wolfgar + maya)
29.11. SOAP making (slaitila)
6.12. INDEPENDENCE DAY
13.12. woodwork finishing ()
20.12. Christmas gift/cake workshop, laser cutter/3d printer/… (kengu)
27.12. boxing day
xx.xx. DIY keyboard (show & tell, noobidoo, mikeful)
10.1. resin printing (Ville H.)
17.1. Basics of data mining with Orange Canvas / “Become a data scientist in 4 easy steps” (mikeful)
xx.x. Wearable electronics, augmented reality / VR (mikeful)
27.-29.1. HSF Tampere!
31.1. Knitting, magic loop (maya)
7.2. IOT / ESP 8266 (kengu)
14.2. Cakes & laser cutter (maya & maarit)
21.2. Web Programming, again (mikeful)
Requested (unconfirmed) courses
- Member count
- 70 (2015/37)
- mailing list count
Shirts received, claim yours if you ordered
- A proposal for our new flyer has been on the whiteboard in wolfgar’s google drive for a while. Changes needed?
- What do we want our new flyer to say and look like?
- “Join the maker community”
- arts & crafts
- Like all other personal belongings, plywood should be in a member’s own box. Should your piece of plywood not fit your box, take it home or place it in the leftover box. It should not be stored in the shelf as it has been this far.
- 4.1. status?
- Newspapers/scrap book to be stored somewhere. Physical ones at the moment in a box somewhere.
- Storage policy
- Bonk rotation already in active use.
- Blogpost/RTFM page about this topic?
- RTFM promotion to Facebook
- “Do Not Hack” tagging projects
- Blue pieces of paper already exist, someone should make an RTFM post
- Make sure the workshop in total is feasible in economic calculations.
- Branding “Vaasan verstas” -puutyöt -> new blog vaasanverstas.fi?
- Current blog multisite conversion (mikeful)
- Info display (mikeful)
- No change
Membership management (Noobidoo)
- Named “Asylum”, coded mostly by Helsinki Hacklab
- Currently being used for membership and space fees. Feedback?
- Development/ideas at https://github.com/hacklab-fi/asylum
- Check that you got yearly membership fee invoice via email
- Hacklab book swap box
- RTFM needed
Status: Grant applications?
Miika, Thomas, Sami, Anders
We got Holvi pro account and credit card
We are able to pay the rent!
- 2 times a year?
- spring / fall
- City Library
- more commercial