Community Meeting #14
Regular community meeting of Vaasa Hacklab Wednesday 01.03.2017 1930 @ Hacklab
community meeting, first Wednesday of each month, at around 1930, after eating.
Upcoming interesting events
- 2.3. Web development meetup, https://www.meetup.com/vaasawebdev/events/236893861/
- 4.3. RE:BUILD hackathon, too late to register, https://rebuild.jubic.fi/
- 18.3. - 19.3. Fiilis-messut, https://fiilismessut.com/
- kengu, lyn, ngoc, mikeful, olmari(sunday)
- hackerpainter, robotrack
- friday evening table organizing to help the real organizers
- things to sell, we need to do many and get lots of money
- soap? laser cut jewellery? art? fabric on plywood?
- Member count
- 84 (2016/70)
- co-branding Hacklab to be a bit more arts & cratfs
- Some ideas
- make it interesting for others so that everyone wants to join and be part of this
- vaasanverstas.fi domain has been reserved.
- Charlotta has a few idea 's, drafts for the logo. Discussion to continue in the telegram / IRC
Be happy and Hacklab!
Courses (what to organize)
Plan courses for spring season
7.3. Soap for Fiilis (Wolfgar & Lotta)
14.3. Laser cutting jewellery & boxes & perhaps wrapping soap (Harmaasilmä, Lyn & Lotta)
21.3. Basics of OpenShot Video Editor (mikeful)
Board game Friday 24.3. (Lyn & Charlotta &Mikeful)
From 17 on
28.3. IoT (kengu)
4.4. Electronics & Soldering basics (olmari)
11.4. Sewing (alaster & co)
18.4. Making jewellery tools (CHH Design)
xx.xx. DIY keyboard (show & tell, noobidoo, mikeful)
xx.xx. Wearable electronics, augmented reality / VR (mikeful)
xx.xx. Knitting, magic loop (maya)
xx.xx Let’s make simple game (mikeful)
xx.xx. Web Programming, again (mikeful)
Requested (unconfirmed) courses
- finnish (:
- woodturning (anders?)
List courses for the fall season
- 25.10. Silver (Charlotta)
- 1.11. Woodwork safety (Anders)
- 3.11. Homemade shampoo / toothpaste (Ngoc)
- 8.11. Basics of artificial intelligence / “Witness a computer magic trick” (mikeful)
- 15.11. Jewellery (Maarit)
- 22.11. Laser cut & engrave seasons greetings (wolfgar + maya)
- 29.11. SOAP making (slaitila)
- 6.12. INDEPENDENCE DAY
- 13.12. woodwork finishing ()
- 20.12. Christmas gift/cake workshop, laser cutter/3d printer/… (kengu)
- 27.12. boxing day
- 10.1. resin printing (Ville H.)
- 17.1. Basics of data mining with Orange Canvas / “Become a data scientist in 4 easy steps” (mikeful)
- 27.-29.1. HSF Tampere!
- 7.2. IOT / ESP 8266 (kengu)
- 14.2. Cakes & laser cutter (maya & maarit)
- 28.2. Writing a blog post (kengu)
- Dominate the World!
- We need to keep eyes open for new places
Status: Grant applications?
- Miika, Thomas, Sami, Anders
- Management: Avustusanomuksia?
- 2 times a year?
- spring / fall
- City Library
- more commercial
- geoevent 18.3. evening