Community Meeting #8
Regular community meeting of Vaasa Hacklab Wednesday 2016-05-04 @ 1930
Something along these lines. Feel free to add topics
- community meeting, every first Wednesday of month, at around 1900.
Upcoming interesting events
- 3D-scanner gathering on Thursdays @ 17:00
- HSF 16½ coming on around 10.6.2016 @Helsinki Hacklab
- registration is already open @ hsf.hacklab.fi
- 12.5. Vaasa Lennokkikerho @ Fanny-talo
- 21.5. Air combat, klo 11, Vaasan lentokenttä
NASA SpaceApps Challenge
- Järjestettiin, oli kivaa. Oltiin Pohjalaisessa ja Vasa Bladetissa.
- Etukäteen juttua myös Iltasanomissa
- More hacklab & hackathon marketing needed for future purposes.
- Great co-operation with MUOVA.
Newpapers to be stored somewhere. Phjysical ones at the moment in a box somewhere.
makerday.fi domain has been reserved
Status of wood workshop?
- vaasanverstas.fi domain has been reserved.
- Charlotta has a few idea-drafts for the logo. Discussion to continue in telegram/IRC
- More promotion needed for wood workshop. Printed material to be considered.
- Slow progress at organizing the woodworkshop. Can do more.
- Hoping to get more electricity(hardware) to wood work side. Installing is not a problem.
- Multipage webpage system to be checked.
Courses (what to organize)
- Lists of previous courses to website. List of course reports etc.
- A separate page for courses?
- Wordpress event registration system to be taken into use instead of TITO?
- Course interest system?
- Feedback/survey system - happy or not type of feedback?
- See http://kirjoitusalusta.fi/vaasahack-kurssit
- Member count
- 39 (2015/37)
- mailing list count
- T-shirt weather is about to come. T-shirts are needed.
- text on both sides, front: hacklab logo. back: vaasa.hacklab.fi
- printmotor (?)
- nobody took the responsibility yet. Volunteer is still missing.
Idea: Hacklab book swap box
- “Leave a book = take a book”
- Box next to door maybe
- A proposal for our new flyer has been on the whiteboard for a while. Still waiting.
- What do we want our new flyer to say and look like?
Insurance needs for the Hacklab? In case of robbery, fire, vastuuvakuutus?
- Palo-, oikeusturva, varkaus?
Place for member tools, John’s workplace basement as a source of closet?
Bonk rotation already in active use.
Blogpost about this topic?
“Do Not Hack” tagging projects
Make sure the workshop in total is feasible in economic calculations.
Branding “Vaasan verstas” -puutyöt -> new blog vaasanverstas.fi?
Info display (mikeful)
Membership management (Noobidoo)
- “Asylum”, coded mostly by Helsinki Hacklab
- Currently being tested
- Development/ideas at https://github.com/hacklab-fi/asylum
Status: Grant applications?
Miika, Thomas, Sami, Anders
- Holviin puuverstas/hacklab -erottelu, prosentti?
- a woodworking/storage fee of 10€/m2/month of larger or longer projects?
- Status? ATM not changed
- How to make Anvia interested to sponsor fiber to us, like to VES in same building?
Status 3D-scanner -project?
- mounts for pis and cameras
- needs rj45 cabling (there is some now, enough?)
- needs lighting
- needs a nVidia (CUDA)
- 3d-scanner gathering on Thursdays @17